cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayala

how do you duplicate a quiz?

Jump to solution

hello everyone,

I have already created the quizzes for a course, and I need to create copies of them for students who need extra time doing them (the quizzes have a limited time). I wonder if there is a way of copying/duplicating a quiz, and then change its settings (e.g. I can change the time limit,  make it available only for one particular student). So far, I haven't found a way to do so, and I had to redo the whole quiz, question by question, as a new quiz.

Any help will be much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Saray,

You don't need to copy a quiz to do those things.  To set a different time limit use the "Moderate this Quiz" link to the right of the quiz.  The quiz does need to be Published before you can do this.  It will allow you set longer time limits and allow extra attempts if needed.  Here is a guide Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? 

Additionally, you can use the Assign To section within the quiz if you need to set different due dates and availability.  Click the Add button and then you'll get an additional area where you can select sections or individual students to set different due and availability dates for.  The example below shows a different due date for a student named Aaron Jurel.

292157_pastedImage_2.png

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Saray,

You don't need to copy a quiz to do those things.  To set a different time limit use the "Moderate this Quiz" link to the right of the quiz.  The quiz does need to be Published before you can do this.  It will allow you set longer time limits and allow extra attempts if needed.  Here is a guide Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? 

Additionally, you can use the Assign To section within the quiz if you need to set different due dates and availability.  Click the Add button and then you'll get an additional area where you can select sections or individual students to set different due and availability dates for.  The example below shows a different due date for a student named Aaron Jurel.

292157_pastedImage_2.png

Rick

Thank you very much, Rick!

easy solution!!

Saray Ayala-López |Assistant Professor|Philosophy Department|California State University Sacramento|sarayayala.weebly.com<http://sarayayala.weebly.com/>