Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_halstead

how to copy files

Jump to solution

how do I copy a file so I have two files in my quizzes category, same file, different names?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @john_halstead  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I can think of a couple options for you to consider:

• If you have a copy of the file on your computer already, in the folder where the file is located, single-click on the file, then press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to "Copy" it.  Deselect the file, and then while in the same folder, press Ctrl+V to paste the file.  This will create a copy of the file which you can then re-name and upload as a separate copy to your Canvas course "Files".  How do I upload a file to a course? 
  • If you do not have a copy of the file on your computer, you should be able to go to your course "Files" area, download a copy of the file to your computer, re-name it, and then re-upload it back to your Canvas course.  How do I download a single file as an instructor? 

I hope one of these options will be of help to you, John.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @john_halstead  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I can think of a couple options for you to consider:

• If you have a copy of the file on your computer already, in the folder where the file is located, single-click on the file, then press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to "Copy" it.  Deselect the file, and then while in the same folder, press Ctrl+V to paste the file.  This will create a copy of the file which you can then re-name and upload as a separate copy to your Canvas course "Files".  How do I upload a file to a course? 
  • If you do not have a copy of the file on your computer, you should be able to go to your course "Files" area, download a copy of the file to your computer, re-name it, and then re-upload it back to your Canvas course.  How do I download a single file as an instructor? 

I hope one of these options will be of help to you, John.