cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vswells
Community Member

how to find out when a course was created

Jump to solution

how do you find out when a course was created?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @vswells  - Full credit to the folks who answered this question from a few years ago, it is available from both an API call as well as somewhat more "user-friendly" way by the administrator.  I can confirm as an administrator--and since I'm all for "user-friendly"--that the GUI work-around mentioned in the admin logging tool DOES still work.  Your Canvas administrator will need the course ID (easily obtained after the /courses in the URL on the home page) and that will show the creation date at the very end of the resulting report.  But the information conveyed in that thread should still work for you.

I hope this helps, Scott!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @vswells  - Full credit to the folks who answered this question from a few years ago, it is available from both an API call as well as somewhat more "user-friendly" way by the administrator.  I can confirm as an administrator--and since I'm all for "user-friendly"--that the GUI work-around mentioned in the admin logging tool DOES still work.  Your Canvas administrator will need the course ID (easily obtained after the /courses in the URL on the home page) and that will show the creation date at the very end of the resulting report.  But the information conveyed in that thread should still work for you.

I hope this helps, Scott!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos