cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leafgrs
Community Member

how to undo a highlight

Jump to solution

I highlighted a word in a student's submission text on a canvas assignment and I can't find how to undo/unhighlight this...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@leafgrs ​, you should be able to right click on where you highlighted and choose, "remove highlight." I just tested this myself in one of my courses and it seems to be working fine. If this isn't working in your course then try switching to a different internet browser and see if it helps (ex: Firefox or Chrome). If not, then you might want to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help (Help link --> Report a Problem).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@leafgrs ​, you should be able to right click on where you highlighted and choose, "remove highlight." I just tested this myself in one of my courses and it seems to be working fine. If this isn't working in your course then try switching to a different internet browser and see if it helps (ex: Firefox or Chrome). If not, then you might want to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help (Help link --> Report a Problem).

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@leafgrs ​,  @kona ​ is correct; the Delete function should also appear upon mouse hover. Please refer to How do I use Crocodoc in Canvas assignments? for additional information about using Crocodoc to annotate students' submissions.

leafgrs
Community Member

thanks for your assistance!

leafgrs
Community Member

thanks for your help!

michelle_graham
Community Member

I use a MacBook, so I don't have "right click" or a mouse.  How, then, to delete highlighting on a Mac?  Thanks.

@michelle_graham ​, I also use a MacBook, and I use the trackpad's right-click functionality to undo the highlighting. Check out Five ways to right-click on a Mac trackpad - CNET