Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skin841

iOS 13.1.2 crash bug?

Jump to solution

I’m running Canvas Student on iPad with the latest iOS 13.1.2 and it crashes after I select any course. Is anyone else seeing this or is it my iPad maybe?

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
brandonhazzard

We have experienced this as well for those that have updated their iPads.  We have deleted and reinstalled, and nothing, we have reset network connections, nothing.  The only fix I had was to wipe the iPad and start new.  I cannot do that with 700 student iPads.

View solution in original post

narmstrong
Community Member

We just released Teacher 1.9.1 which includes a fix for this. It might take a few minutes for it to show up in your App Store. If you still experience crashes after updating please let us know.

Nate

iOS Team Lead

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sschatzke
Community Member

Yes, I have seen this on many of our teacher iPads, including mine. I am using an iPad Pro 12.9.  

Additionally, the Teacher App is crashing too. This is happening on many teacher iPads, including mine. 

brandonhazzard

We have experienced this as well for those that have updated their iPads.  We have deleted and reinstalled, and nothing, we have reset network connections, nothing.  The only fix I had was to wipe the iPad and start new.  I cannot do that with 700 student iPads.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

I need to run test on my device. Is it 13.1.2 or the 6.6.4 or 6.6.5 update? I'm curious if this is happening on devices that have updated to iOS 13 by not to 13.1.2? 

narmstrong
Community Member

We released Student app version 6.6.5 today with a patch that addresses crashes on iPads running iOS 13. Please install the update and let us know if it still crashes for you. 

An update for the Teacher app will be coming very soon.

Thanks,

Nate

iOS Team Lead

That fixed it for me

Thanks!

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 1:14 PM, narmstrong@instructure.com <

mschneider

My app is still crashing on my iPad Pro. Is there a fix coming soon?

My iPad Pro was still crashing. Need to fix fast.

Nate,

Any update on the teacher app?  I have one assignment I am trying to evaluate now and two more coming in tomorrow.  For me, the teacher app (on iPad) is significantly more efficient for evaluating student work and providing meaningful feedback.  Right now, the teacher app with iOS 13.1.3 is not useable. 

Thanks in advance

narmstrong
Community Member

We just released Teacher 1.9.1 which includes a fix for this. It might take a few minutes for it to show up in your App Store. If you still experience crashes after updating please let us know.

Nate

iOS Team Lead