cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbuchner
Community Contributor

iOS app crashes when loading assignments on iPhone...

Jump to solution

but only for one class, or at least two other classes' assignments load.

Running iOS 9.2.1

Running App 3.12.2

Hit the class from the home page, then Assignments from the course menu, the list loads, hit an assignment, and crash.

(repeat as needed)

Anyone else see this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jbuchner , well that's not good! If you haven't already, I'd contact Canvas Support (Help --> Report a Problem) and see if they can help figure out what's going on!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @jbuchner ​...

I tested an assignment on my own iPhone using the Canvas app, and I didn't have any issues.  I have the same version iOS and app version as you running on my iPhone 6 Plus.  I am wondering if there is content within the assignment page that is causing your app to crash?  Also, have you tried turning off/on your phone?  Have you tried performing a soft reset of your phone (where you hold down the Home and the Power button until you see the Apple logo)?  This doesn't wipe anything off your phone...it just sort of "resets" it so that things work again.  My hunch, though, is that there is something behind the assignment page in the code that the app doesn't like...so if you are able to investigate what that is, that would be my suggestion.

Hope this helps!

jbuchner
Community Contributor

Based on how I use my phone, I'm going to say previous resets haven't helped, and while I tend to keep the code on my assignments pages pretty basic, next time I see a crash, I'll go back to the browser, and open it up to see if there's anything off there. (But I can say I almost never put anything but text and links on the assignment landing pages.)

Hi  @jbuchner ​...

Yes, please report back here with anything you find so that we can mark a "Correct" answer for you and for anyone else who may stumble across this question...thanks!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jbuchner ​, did any of the responses provided help?

jbuchner
Community Contributor

@kona ​ no, and in fact, it's gotten stranger! Now (sometimes) it crashes when I try to open just the assignment list. (One time it crashed out and forgot my Course List Favorites. (It re-loaded courses from years ago, and then after about 15 minutes, settled down to the current settings.)

As far as I can tell, it's just my largest class that has this problem.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jbuchner , well that's not good! If you haven't already, I'd contact Canvas Support (Help --> Report a Problem) and see if they can help figure out what's going on!

View solution in original post