cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwalter1
Community Participant

iOS mobile download assignments?

Jump to solution

Testing out features for implementation, and cannot get assignments to download from the teacher app. Am I missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hwalter1 ‌,

As you guessed, this feature is not available in the Canvas Teacher app. Even though the Canvas Teacher app offers many great annotation and grading tools that limit the reason to export files from Canvas Teacher, I do agree that the option should be there to give teachers flexibility. My suggestion would be to create a Canvas Feature Idea so that the community can discuss and vote on this idea. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904-75187841184 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
acolvin
Community Participant

So, you are trying to download files on to your ipad from Canvas?

Downloading files to ipads in general has historically been tricky. 

Here's a short guide on how to get files to go to the right places, but I've never experimented with doing this from Canvas. I hope you find the information you need!

How to download files on an iPad, and where to find them - Business Insider 

hwalter1
Community Participant

Yes, trying to download say an uploaded assignment from a student to my Ipad from canvas.

I figured it out a little before, but there’s no export button, which sounds silly especially on an iOS app for canvas, and especially when there’s one there on the student side.

The only way to do it is to log onto a web browser version and download from there. Again, you can do it as a student, but not from the faculty app.  

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hwalter1 ‌,

As you guessed, this feature is not available in the Canvas Teacher app. Even though the Canvas Teacher app offers many great annotation and grading tools that limit the reason to export files from Canvas Teacher, I do agree that the option should be there to give teachers flexibility. My suggestion would be to create a Canvas Feature Idea so that the community can discuss and vote on this idea. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904-75187841184 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hwalter1
Community Participant

Ok, I proposed a new idea! Smiley Happy 

jr8
Community Member

Dear Canvas,

It would be really convenient if we could do this--download a student submission on iOS. 

Thanks