inbox to email

Jump to solution
richardworth
Community Member

ok Canvas - I just found out I missed a load of messages that were in my inbox, but hadn't come to my email. (they just stopped coming as emails). I think that you should make the inbox hide-able or deletable. I expend a lot of energy trying to get first years to use their university email (not texting, snapchat, tiktok!) and having another channel of communication distracts from this. I know you think it's way cool having the inbox but seriously it's a drag. Email is work - I want it in one place - I can't be worrying about how the inbox on canvas is looking when it's full of junk from all kinds of courses I don't even teach on - otherwise I'd get a twitter account and let the students reach me there (that's a joke- never would I get a twitter account). Discussion forums etc fine, but serious questions problems: email

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

Have you reported the failed mail deliveries to canvas support?  If your messages are set to deliver to your email, and are not there, it could also be that your email is trying to help.  I had to turn off an email filtering tool office 365 added that simply hides messages that it determines are less important.  Otherwise, forwarding my canvas in box to my email has been pretty effective.  I have a rule to put all canvas messages in one folder, and when I reply to them my replies are linked to the matching message in the canvas inbox.  Attachments are an exception, however.  Attachments will only reach the recipient if you send the message as a canvas message from the inbox.  I would hesitate to turn off the feature for that reason.  I believe the school can set a default email as the students assigned school email, but students can also update their profile to send them notifications through other methods.

View solution in original post