cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canvas-help
Community Participant

issue adding linkedin to (Profile) settings

Jump to solution

A student attempted to attach his LinkedIn profile to 'other services' in his canvas profile settings. We have verified that his LI username and password works to access a valid LI account.

Steps performed:

• logged into his canvas account
  • clicked 'Settings' (still using old Canvas UI)
  • under 'Other Services' click LinkedIn button
  • click 'Register your Linkedin account'
  • fill out username and password, click 'Allow access'
  • received “ Linkedin Authorization Failed ”
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Given this information I'd definitely escalate it to Canvas Support to see if they can figure out the issue and what to do to fix it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I tried this with my own account and was able to add LinkedIn under my profile. Is anyone else at your Institution having this issue?

canvas-help
Community Participant

Thank you for the quick response, Kona.

We have been able to replicate this using this student's LI, although we are able to add our own LI profiles without issue but students have experienced this same issue sporadically (handful of times). This student reached out to LI, who states the issue is on our end since his LI profile is fine.

Given this information I'd definitely escalate it to Canvas Support to see if they can figure out the issue and what to do to fix it.

View solution in original post

tbreslin
Community Member

I experienced this "authorization failed" message. I changed my LinkedIn profile to "Public" rather than "Private" and that solved my problem. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tbreslin , very helpful! Thanks for sharing!

Jul_Cro
Community Participant

I have this problem too Smiley Sad Authorization failed, pubic profile, email on Canvas account... very sad. I was going to make this an activity in my computer class but cannot get it to work! linkedin #technical problems

sdsmith
Community Member

We are also experiencing this problem. We are receiving the LinkedIn Authorization Failed message on Admin, Faculty, and student accounts. LinkedIn profiles are set to public. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.