cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnm
Community Member

.jpg unable to be uploaded

Jump to solution

I am using the Canvas application on my phone because I am required for my class to upload pictures and documents at the same time for assignments. I have uploaded two assignments before that are using the same documents types such as .doc and photos from my phone picture library. When I go to submit this assignment, something pops up saying jpg is not allowed. I have obviously never had this issue before, has something changed or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dnm ‌ - I agree with  @KristinL , this sounds like the assignment doesn't accept this submission type. If you are using the iOS app, when you get the "File extension not allowed" message, right below it, you will see what type(s) are allowed. 

235993_IMG_2324.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dnm
Community Member

I've now even found out how to convert my jpg to PNG but the popup is still showing up that jpg is not accepted.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @dnm ‌ -- If you sign-in on a browser, are you able to see the allowed submission types? There may be a chance that your instructor forgot to add .jpg to the list of accepted file formats.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dnm ‌ - I agree with  @KristinL , this sounds like the assignment doesn't accept this submission type. If you are using the iOS app, when you get the "File extension not allowed" message, right below it, you will see what type(s) are allowed. 

235993_IMG_2324.png

View solution in original post