cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARIANABR
Community Member

jumping video

How do I advance 1, 5, 10 or 20 seconds while viewing a video?  I know I can speed the video up, I'd please like to know how to jump a few seconds ahead, or behind.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @MARIANABR ...

I'm not sure what the source of your videos are...if they are recordings that have been created in your course, if they are YouTube videos, if they are videos from another third-party website that have been embedded in your course.  The controls for videos may vary depending on the platform, and not all video controls allow for advancing videos every 10, 15, 20, etc. seconds.  I know it's not ideal, but could you just drag the video playhead forward or back to the point that you need?

MARIANABR
Community Member

Thanks so much for the response. It's a  platform called Canvas widely used by universities in Brazil. I'm not sure if its just a synonymous for this page- it doesn't seem so.  I couldn't figure out  a way of advancing a few seconds.  It's so incredibly efficient to be able to do this in other platforms.  

Good morning, @MARIANABR ...

Canvas is the LMS (Learning Management System).  With respect to your question about videos, I wasn't sure what video player technology was being used.  For example, are you using the video player within Canvas' Rich Content Editor (RCE) to record and then play videos?  An example would be:

Another option may be that you had embedded a video from YouTube, Vimeo, or other third-party video platform in your course.

Yet another option might be if your school has Canvas Studio...and you have embedded a video from your Studio library into your course.

I hope that helps to clarify things...just trying to narrow down where your video source may be coming from.  Thanks.