cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amckale
Community Member

location of box icons

Jump to solution

So I figured out how to get files to auto_open in preview (How do I set the auto-open for inline preview for Files using the Rich Content Editor? )

Now I would like to get the widgets that box inflicts to either not appear or at least appear at the bottom of the document instead of the top.  Any knowledge of how to do this or where the documentation for the options is?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

amckale​, if you don't like the appearance of the Box menu and icons, you can take an entirely design different approach. Create your document in Google Drive and use the publish and embed features to embed the doc into a page. Advantages: The doc content is dynamic if you need it to be, and if you manipulate your characters correctly, the page will not show any indication that the document is external. Read more about it here: Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

amckale​, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, are what I have circled in red in the screen shot below the widgets you are talking about? If so, then I don't believe there is any way to remove these. Box is a third party software that is integrated into Canvas. This means Canvas doesn't have direct control in how it works/functions.  I will say that from my experience with students, it doesn't seem to cause them any problems or confusion, and some seem to like/use the functions those top widgets provide.

BoxWidget.png

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

amckale​, if you don't like the appearance of the Box menu and icons, you can take an entirely design different approach. Create your document in Google Drive and use the publish and embed features to embed the doc into a page. Advantages: The doc content is dynamic if you need it to be, and if you manipulate your characters correctly, the page will not show any indication that the document is external. Read more about it here: Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content

Great suggestion stefaniesanders​!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

amckale​, have you had a chance to review the suggestion by stefaniesanders? Will that work for you?

amckale
Community Member

Yes that worked for me.  There were a couple of tiny wrinkles but basically this looks like the right path.

Google Groups

Thanks.