cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbhuyan
Community Member

lock down browser

Jump to solution

where can i find the lock down browser to download in my canvas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Manisa,

I am going to assume that you are a student needing to download the lockdown browser to take a quiz/exam.  If your instructor didn't post a link in your course, try going to the quiz itself as if you are going to take it.  When you try to do so it should put up a page saying that you need to download and use the Lockdown browser.  Be sure to use this link to download it as it's usually a different download for every school that uses it.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Manisa,

I am going to assume that you are a student needing to download the lockdown browser to take a quiz/exam.  If your instructor didn't post a link in your course, try going to the quiz itself as if you are going to take it.  When you try to do so it should put up a page saying that you need to download and use the Lockdown browser.  Be sure to use this link to download it as it's usually a different download for every school that uses it.

Rick

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mbhuyan...

@rmurchshafer  has given you some great help here, and I'm going to mark his response as "Correct".  I also found this short YouTube video for you.  It's a few years old, but I reviewed it before sharing, and I think most of it would still apply today.  I hope it will be of help to you.

(Please know that if you tried to download the Lockdown Browser from Respodus' website, that one would not work for your course.  As Rick and this video have indicated, the URL to download the Lockdown browser will be given to you by your instrutor.)

Good luck with your test!