matching questions are frustrating and very limited...

Jump to solution
KeithRussell
Community Member

I do not understand why students MUST get all matches correct in canvas matching questions. This seems to be incredibly limiting and goes against all best practices in student assessment and grading. Surely there is a way for Canvas to create a matching question series where partial credit can be automatically given without the teacher needing to hand grade this part of a digital test. Matching questions are the second most popular types of questions in student assessments and your program is lacking in providing an easily workable solution to this rather simple problem. Other programs offer a partial credit matching option, why don't you. I don't get it and that's why I actually use an outside assessment program instead of my district's Canvas Quizzes. I had hoped that New Quizzes would offer an alternative but I guess not...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, @KeithRussell , I agree with you; I used matching questions in my quizzes extensively when I was teaching, so I understand the reasoning and the resultant pain. You'll be happy to know that  New Quizzes: Partial Credit for Matching Questions is currently in development, so please subscribe to the thread to receive updates.

View solution in original post