Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beers_christoph

microsoft word text entry box

Jump to solution

I did my whole project on mircorsoft word. But I'm being required to submit it through text entry box but i can't get my pictures over and the formatting is all wrong how do i fix it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @beers_christoph ...

If you are only being allowed to submit an assignment to your instructor via "text entry" and not any kind of file attachment, it sounds like your instructor has not set up the assignment correctly on his/her end.  When you submit a file attachment as part of your assignment, you should see something similar to what is outlined in this Guide: How do I submit an online assignment? (see the section on "Submit a File Upload").  But, it sounds like you are only seeing the "Text Entry" tab (as shown in this Guide: How do I submit a text entry assignment?).  From an instructor's point of view, when he/she is setting the details of any given assignment in Canvas, he/she needs to make sure that the "File Uploads" option is checked when deciding on the "Submission Type" (see the section on "Select Online Entry Options" in this Guide: How do I create an online assignment?.)  If this seems to be the case, I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor to see if he/she has the correct settings set for this particular assignment.  You can contact your instructor directly via the Canvas "Help" menu and then selecting "Ask Your Instructor a Question" as described in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student? (See the section on "View Default Links").

I hope this information is helpful to you, Christopher!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @beers_christoph ...

If you are only being allowed to submit an assignment to your instructor via "text entry" and not any kind of file attachment, it sounds like your instructor has not set up the assignment correctly on his/her end.  When you submit a file attachment as part of your assignment, you should see something similar to what is outlined in this Guide: How do I submit an online assignment? (see the section on "Submit a File Upload").  But, it sounds like you are only seeing the "Text Entry" tab (as shown in this Guide: How do I submit a text entry assignment?).  From an instructor's point of view, when he/she is setting the details of any given assignment in Canvas, he/she needs to make sure that the "File Uploads" option is checked when deciding on the "Submission Type" (see the section on "Select Online Entry Options" in this Guide: How do I create an online assignment?.)  If this seems to be the case, I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor to see if he/she has the correct settings set for this particular assignment.  You can contact your instructor directly via the Canvas "Help" menu and then selecting "Ask Your Instructor a Question" as described in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student? (See the section on "View Default Links").

I hope this information is helpful to you, Christopher!