not supported

Jump to solution
aloew
Community Novice

So do i need to get a new computer to access canvas because its telling me i need to get a different chrome, is there a way to download? do you have a reference if so? sorry i just got this computer and im really not trying to fall behind

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aloew  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  These Guides should help you to identify if your computer meets the necessary requirements:

Which browsers does Canvas support?

What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?

The most likely case for your question is that your Google Chrome browser is out of date.  After you start your Chrome web browser, you'll see an icon that looks like three dots in a vertical line at the top right corner of the screen.  Click that icon, and then select "Help" >> "About Google Chrome".  The "Settings" screen should open in a new tab, and you should see the version number at the top.  It may even check to see if it's the most up-to-date version...and if not, it may download the latest version for you automatically.  Just follow the on-screen prompts to update your browser.  Otherwise, you can always go to the Google Chrome website to download the latest version of Chrome.

I hope this information will help, Ashley.  Please let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes