cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b3e2c9a75812f96
Community Member

notifications question

Jump to solution

Why am I not able to change my notification settings so that Canvas can alert me when I have things due?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

b3e2c9a75812f96fb4c2c28e4f0d892f4f385c0db789ffdc1d154f440d1f919d​, that's an odd one; you should certainly be able to customize your notification preferences to settings of your choosing. Are you accessing Canvas through a browser, and are you following the instructions in How do I set my Notification Preferences?

Also, please note that Canvas does not have a notification that will alert you to when a particular assignment's due date is coming up. For that, you'll need to monitor your course calendar--and if you'd like, you can download the calendar feed for the course and incorporate it into any calendar that supports the iCal format. Here are the instructions for that: Where can I find the Calendar iCal feed?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

b3e2c9a75812f96fb4c2c28e4f0d892f4f385c0db789ffdc1d154f440d1f919d​, that's an odd one; you should certainly be able to customize your notification preferences to settings of your choosing. Are you accessing Canvas through a browser, and are you following the instructions in How do I set my Notification Preferences?

Also, please note that Canvas does not have a notification that will alert you to when a particular assignment's due date is coming up. For that, you'll need to monitor your course calendar--and if you'd like, you can download the calendar feed for the course and incorporate it into any calendar that supports the iCal format. Here are the instructions for that: Where can I find the Calendar iCal feed?

View solution in original post