notifications

Jump to solution
burrrg
Community Novice

I am not getting notifications when students post comments in discussions or turn things in.  I have marked "notify me immediately" but I am not getting any notifications.  what am I missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi again  @burrrg . I just responded to another question of yours earlier today, but this time I will properly Welcome you to the Canvas Community. 

You may not be doing anything wrong and it depends on where you are having your notifications sent.  If it is to your institutional email, you will want to alert your local IT folks; these things can sometimes wind up behind various firewall rules, especially if your institution is new to using Canvas.

You may want to think of adding another notification email address (if you can; not all institutions may allow this) and see what happens there. 

These issues can be notoriously difficult to troubleshoot, and the first determination will be whether this is a Canvas issue or a local issue with the emails coming through.  (It's likely not a Canvas issue, but before filing a case with Canvas about this via Help>>Report a Problem it will help if it can be narrowed down a bit.)  It will also help Canvas, at least, if you are aware if others at your institution are having this issue....or if your students are.

Not really an answer, Robert, but I'm not too sure there will be a definitive one until a few other things are checked into.

Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post

0 Likes