pairing code

Jump to solution
denisa
Community Novice

where do i put in pairing code . why does the mobile parent app not let me in ...says i have no courses!!!

i do not want courses i just want to see my kids school stuff!!! this portal is too complicated and confusing

for the average joe to work out... way too frustrating!!!!!

1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Denisa -

As a K-12 teacher, thank you for being involved with your students learning! It's amazing when teachers can become partners with family members. Smiley Happy

I'll try my best to gather some resources for you.

First, find your school district by tapping the find button on the opening screen of the Canvas Parent app.

How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

When you create an account through Canvas Parent, one of the required pieces of information is the pairing code from your student. However, you can also add additional students using the app.

How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student?

How do I link additional students to my account in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

If it's easier, you can also do this from a browser.

How do I link a student to my user account as an observer?

If you are successfully signed in to the app, there is a chance that it doesn't display any courses. If the school district has started courses for the term, they should be there for you to browse. Teachers also need to publish their courses before anyone else an see them as well. If your student can see their work but you cannot, reach out to your local Canvas Support team for help.

How do I get help with the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

To get started, here are some highlights of the Canvas Parent app:

How do I use the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

How do I view alerts in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

How do I create a reminder for an assignment or event in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

How do I view details for an assignment in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS Device?

Lastly, I want to share a blog with many resources for family members: Clarity for Canvas Observers

I know this is a lot of information to review, but take it one step at a time. If you have any follow-up questions, please reply. The Canvas Community will do its best to help.

View solution in original post