cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michellemeazell
Community Contributor

"File in Use" Identifier

Jump to solution

Anyone know if there is a feature request already in progress for the following?  Having an identifier in Files that signals a file is being used whether directly or linked to,  so that you know what might be deletable and what you shouldn't touch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@michellemeazell ​, I think this feature idea is similar to what you are looking for - - but it has already been voted on and responded to by Instructure with the following, "I love this idea. I think it is unlikely we would be able to implement this feature given the other priorities we are working on right now. I'm exploring the possibility of an option that would have to be run manually rather than a background process that would have to scan all files in a course to see where it might be linked all the time."

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@michellemeazell ​, I think this feature idea is similar to what you are looking for - - but it has already been voted on and responded to by Instructure with the following, "I love this idea. I think it is unlikely we would be able to implement this feature given the other priorities we are working on right now. I'm exploring the possibility of an option that would have to be run manually rather than a background process that would have to scan all files in a course to see where it might be linked all the time."

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

michellemeazell
Community Contributor

Thanks so much for your feedback!

awarmar
Community Participant

Good to have the answer at least even if it is one we don't like!