"Not Graded" and "Publish Later" show up in Gradebook Summary??

Jump to solution
kimberly_smith1
Community Participant

In 'Student View', I am seeing rows for "Not Graded" and "Publish Later"? Are my student's seeing this? If so, how do I make those go away? Students are likely to see "Not Graded" and think there are assignments still to be graded that they have not yet received points for - and assignments that were never meant to be part of a student's grade do not belong in the Gradebook. My currently 'unpublished' assignments are those that I may or may not end up giving to students this semester. One can only imagine what students will make of that when looking at there grades.

339318_pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @kimberly_smith1  - Yes, they sure are seeing those, as well, and those reflect any assignment groups that you have on the assignments page within your Canvas course site.  I can't recall where this is explicitly pointed out in the instructor's online lessons, but it is definitely pointed out in the student's here:  How do I view my grades in a current course? under the View Assignment Groups heading.  This applies even if you are not using weighted grades and even if the assignment group is empty and/or contains unpublished material.

The best suggestion I can give to you is to move all of the assignments that are currently in any groups you do not want to see to a more appropriate assignment group, as covered here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13342-4152807365  

I hope this helps a bit, Kimberly.

View solution in original post