cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmanari
Community Participant

"Score of at least..." to Earn a Badge?

Hi! I am having trouble getting the "score of at least..." 20/20 option for a quiz to work on the "edit module settings" requirements to earn a badge.  Anyone run into this issue or have a solution? Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
9 Replies
jamely
Community Champion

I don't have specific help, but I though you might like a course that happens to be running this week: Badging with Purpose​ where you might find some answers!

cmanari
Community Participant

Janell thank you, I did enroll in this already! Smiley Happy

clong
Community Champion

Hi Christen,

It would be helpful if you could provide a some more details so we have more information to go on. What badging tool are you using? Are you wanting a badge to be awarded as soon as a student scores a 20/20 on a particular Quiz or completes all the requirements for a Module in your course?

cmanari
Community Participant

Hi Chris,

The teacher who made it used Canvabadges that's integrated with Canvas.  He is wanting a badge to be awarded to the student are soon as they earn the quiz score of 20/20 on the quiz.  I attached 2 screenshots so you can see how we set it everything up, but it's still not working correctly, it is saying students still haven't completed the Module after completing the quiz.  Thanks for you help everyone! Smiley HappyScreen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.32.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.30.17 AM.png

@cmanari ​, your second screenshot/setting is related to progressing through modules using pre-requisites (a Canvas feature). That setting will prevent students from moving to the next module until the student has scored 20 on the quiz.

To set the badge setting, you need to add an "external tool" to the module then select "Badges" and you can select a badge you've already created or you can create a new badge with its required settings.  Once you've added the badge link to the module, you can click on the lick to edit the badge's settings. Here's a shot of what that page will look like:

2016-04-04 10.54.37 am.png

clong
Community Champion

@cmanari ​ did Mark's post help you? I would also try removing the module completion requirement to view the badge and see if that helps the process along a little.

cmanari
Community Participant

Hi Chris,

I had already done what Mark suggested, however, what you just suggested about removing the "view the badge" requirement seemed to work on 2 of the 3 badges for quizzes.  For some reason though we can not figure out why the one quiz won't work when it's set up exactly like the other two that are now working!  Thanks so much for this suggestion.  Now I just need to figure out why the one will not work.

@cmanari , were you ultimately able to figure out why the solution wasn't working on the third quiz? We'd love to know!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cmanari ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie