CathyQuigley

school is struggling to set up Canvas Power School grade passback

Jump to solution

Our school has been struggling to set up the grade passback feature between Canvas and Power School.  When our tech administrator seeks support by phone, he leaves messages but does not receive a call back.  This is a new issue that has just come up this year.  Is there a way to facilitate contact between Canvas support and our school to get help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

@CathyQuigley I suspect that the number you are calling for Canvas Support may be incorrect.  If your account has Canvas Phone Support, you should never need to leave a voicemail, as it is staffed 24/7.  

If you are setting up grade passback to PowerSchool for the first time, then your administration needs to contact their CSM for assistance with the implementation.  If the grade passback has already been set up in the account, and there are issues with getting it to work properly, then they should contact Canvas Support for assistance.  For more on how to contact Canvas Support, refer to:How do I contact Canvas Support? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Swanson92714

I'm having the same problem as the others.

McKesson Connect

0 Kudos
CathyQuigley

This is the error message I receive:

PowerSchool Error: Request is forbidden/unauthorized.

Is there any way to contact Canvas by phone?  They don't respond to voice mail messages left by our technology department.

0 Kudos
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

@CathyQuigley I suspect that the number you are calling for Canvas Support may be incorrect.  If your account has Canvas Phone Support, you should never need to leave a voicemail, as it is staffed 24/7.  

If you are setting up grade passback to PowerSchool for the first time, then your administration needs to contact their CSM for assistance with the implementation.  If the grade passback has already been set up in the account, and there are issues with getting it to work properly, then they should contact Canvas Support for assistance.  For more on how to contact Canvas Support, refer to:How do I contact Canvas Support? 

0 Kudos

I appreciate your feedback very much, and I forwarded it to our tech department.  This is the response that I received from them:

"I have three tickets for the grade book sync issue I created and contacted our Customer Success Manager. No response yet. 

This does not include the tickets [another technician] has created as well. We had an implementation coordinator for the update that occurred this summer. [Our other technician] has tried to reach out to him again, and they have yet to respond."

I don't know where to turn, honestly.  I use Canvas as my home base for my students to check our weekly agenda, access materials for class and for homework, and submit assignments.  I maintain a gradebook there with weighted categories so students can see their grades and what they have/have not turned in.  That all works wonderfully.  But I cannot sync these grades to PowerSchool, where the same categories and weights are saved - in the past, I basically of clicked "Sync."  I don't blame anyone because I honestly don't know where the system is breaking down.  It is just a tremendous challenge for me as a teacher.

Thank you for listening!

Cathy Quigley

0 Kudos