Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kari
Community Contributor

sections and weighted grading

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was curious how other institutions have done weighted grading in a course that has multiple sections. We cross list our courses that are undergraduate and graduate level taught by the same teacher. For example, BIOL 400.1001 + BIOL 600.1001 = BIOL 400.600.1001.

Usually, the graduate courses have higher expectations than the undergrad level.

How have you guys handle differing grading scales between sections of a course?

Thank you for your help!

Kari Johnson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kari ​, the short answer is that there really isn't a great way to do this in Canvas, yet there is a feature idea for this that is currently open for voting/commenting - . My recommendation is to vote and comment!

The longer answer is that you can technically do this with a points based or weighted gradebook, but it's probably more straight forward if you're doing a points based gradebook. Here are two discussions that explain how to do this:

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kari ​, the short answer is that there really isn't a great way to do this in Canvas, yet there is a feature idea for this that is currently open for voting/commenting - . My recommendation is to vote and comment!

The longer answer is that you can technically do this with a points based or weighted gradebook, but it's probably more straight forward if you're doing a points based gradebook. Here are two discussions that explain how to do this:

Hope this helps!