cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmaxw010
Community Member

sending a attachment in Canvas to my professor

Jump to solution

how do I send a attachment to my professor in canvas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @tmaxw010  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Your question isn't real specific to which area of Canvas you are wanting to attach a file to your instructor, so this will be a bit of a guessing game on my part.  But, I'm going to try and cover the areas where you might attach a file:

First, if you are wanting to attach a file to a message to your instructor via the Canvas Inbox (messaging), you can do so by following the instructions in this Guide: How do I attach a file to a message as a student?.  Here is a video tutorial that may help, too: .

Second, if you are wanting to attach a file to a discussion topic (which more than just your instructor would see), you can do that by following the instructions in this Guide (keeping in mind the information in the blue box at the top of the document): How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student?.  Here is a video tutorial that may help, too: .

Third (and I suspect this might be what you are ultimately wanting to do), if you want to attach a file to an assignment in your course for grading purposes, then you'll want to follow the instructions in one of these Guides (obviously selecting the most appropriate one for your needs):

I hope this information will be of help to you, Thomas.  Please let members of the Community know if you have any questions about this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @tmaxw010  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Your question isn't real specific to which area of Canvas you are wanting to attach a file to your instructor, so this will be a bit of a guessing game on my part.  But, I'm going to try and cover the areas where you might attach a file:

First, if you are wanting to attach a file to a message to your instructor via the Canvas Inbox (messaging), you can do so by following the instructions in this Guide: How do I attach a file to a message as a student?.  Here is a video tutorial that may help, too: .

Second, if you are wanting to attach a file to a discussion topic (which more than just your instructor would see), you can do that by following the instructions in this Guide (keeping in mind the information in the blue box at the top of the document): How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student?.  Here is a video tutorial that may help, too: .

Third (and I suspect this might be what you are ultimately wanting to do), if you want to attach a file to an assignment in your course for grading purposes, then you'll want to follow the instructions in one of these Guides (obviously selecting the most appropriate one for your needs):

I hope this information will be of help to you, Thomas.  Please let members of the Community know if you have any questions about this.

View solution in original post