setting up groups invisible to students or manual groupings of students in gradebook

Jump to solution
mackinnonka
Community Explorer

Is there a way that instructors can set up manual groups in such a way that the groups are invisible to the students in them, or otherwise manually create subsets of students within the gradebook? I am looking for a way to more easily monitor in my gradebook the progress of students that I've identified as needing higher levels of support. Right now I can't find any easy way to set up a subset of students by identifiers that I've created.

I need to be able to click in my gradebook so that I can quickly pull up the 20 or so students that I need to monitor and check in with more frequently than the other 200 or so students in my course. Right now I'm having to track them by hand on a separate spreadsheet that I created by sorting the gradebook by one column's missing assignments, and tinkering from there.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mackinnonka
Community Explorer

This solution gets tricky as I already have five sections set up in the course (it's a multi-section course shell). I did something similar, though, by setting up a new Group Set with group names opaque to students (I used colors) and then placing students in the appropriate group for my needs.

View solution in original post