cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skaar
Community Member

studio audio not recording

Jump to solution

Using Studio for first time.  I can record video, but no audio is recorded.   What settings  am I missing?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Brad,

Before you click the button to start the actual recording, look for an icon that looks like a microphone.  There should be a way to select which microphone is being used on your computer.  Try changing what is selected to see if it makes a difference.  

And not meaning to be too obvious, but are you sure your computer has a microphone?  Most laptops have them built in but if you are on a desktop computer most likely you will need an external microphone or webcam with a microphone to record audio.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Brad,

Before you click the button to start the actual recording, look for an icon that looks like a microphone.  There should be a way to select which microphone is being used on your computer.  Try changing what is selected to see if it makes a difference.  

And not meaning to be too obvious, but are you sure your computer has a microphone?  Most laptops have them built in but if you are on a desktop computer most likely you will need an external microphone or webcam with a microphone to record audio.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi Rick

Thank you! After a long chat session with the canvas folks last night we decided to just start from scratch, download the needed software and it seems now to work. Just part of the new world we live in. Good news (?) is that I can start teaching a class from home.

Thanks much. It is great to have folks “out there” that are willing to help.

Brad Skaar