switched to "new quiz", moderation page no longer shows elapsed time

Jump to solution
csgirl
Community Member

I have been using "classic quizzes" all semester, and liked the fact that when I create a timed quiz, the moderation page shows the elapsed time for each student at a glance. Last week I created a "new quiz" (so I could have the questions be shuffled). It was a timed quiz set for 2 hours since it was actually an exam. When the students took the quiz, I noticed that I could not see an elapsed time on the moderation page. It just shows dashes where the time would normally be. I could go into the log for each student and see their elapsed time, but that is a pain. When the students submitted,  I could see the elapsed time in that field, but not while they were taking it.  I confirmed that it was a timed quiz.  Is there something else I need to set? If it is a bug, I may have to go back to "classic quizzes".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @csgirl ...

I do not believe there is complete parity between current Classic Quizzes and New Quizzes.  For example, you won't find Multiple Fill-in-the-Blank question types in New Quizzes like you do in Classic Quizzes.  And, sometimes, there are new features in New Quizzes that aren't available in Classic Quizzes.  An example of this would be the Hot Spot question type in New Quizzes.  So, there may also be settings in New Quizzes that could be a little different than what you were used to in Classic Quizzes, too.  The two Guides I can point you to re: New Quizzes are:

You may have seen both of these Guides already, but I'm sharing them with you (and others who may see this thread) just in case.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer for you, but I hope that this will help to answer your question.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.

View solution in original post