testbank size

Jump to solution
wayne_smith
Community Explorer

I've been versioning my questions in the testbank for some time now (I normally use R/Exams but I have used text2qti in Python as well) and it works well.  Does any know what is the maximum number of questions that can be in a testbank?  Or is it just filesize?  Or filesize as a fraction of the total amount of file space in a course or individual? Or is it a limitation on import size?  Or some QTI spec. limitation? Or is it related to indexing (generating after import or using during a quiz)?  Or is it an AWS limitation? Or?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MattHanes
Community Champion

While I'm sure there is an upper limit of some kind, I have teachers that have about 100 questions in a bank. I have also seen courses with over 100 banks so there does not appear to be a limit there either. There might be a difference in the New Quizzes vs. Classic Quizzes. You might get a hard answer that you're looking for by reaching out to Canvas support. They may have this in their documentation somewhere. Questions with pictures will take up space in a course export/import but text-based questions usually don't take that much space. 

View solution in original post