Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACOBSEN_C
Community Contributor

the Zoom conference tool in Canvas Studio...

Jump to solution

...doesn't seem to include/import meeting cloud recordings of meetings scheduled through the Zoom LTI Pro Canvas integration.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  (...have we missed something in the scopes setup in the zoom marketplace, etc.? Any insight would be appreciated)

Here is a link to a relevant Canvas user guide on it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hello again @JACOBSEN_C 

That is really weird that the recordings are not being passed over to studio even though you have authorized it to do so. 

It sounds like you have covered all your bases for troubleshooting this. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that it might be adding them to collection in studio or something? 

For this issue, I would totally recommend contacting canvas support to have them look at your specific examples of this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience on this. 

-Colton

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JACOBSEN_C 

I do not believe that Canvas studio will allow you to import recordings from your Zoom integration tool. It currently only allows you to import videos you had created, or media from sources such as Youtube or Vimeo.

One work around would be to download the recording to your computer from your Zoom integration tool, and then upload it to Canvas studio manually. One other thing to mention is that sometimes school's will use a another third party tool such as Kaltura capture or even Panopto to allow you to import cloud recordings directly in that area of your course. This all depends on if your schools admins have configured the Kaltura capture or Panopto app for use in your Canvas course. If needed, you can speak with your admin about that option if it currently is not available. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton

0 Kudos
JACOBSEN_C
Community Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Colton.  Yes, there is that work around, but the Zoom Studio integration appeal to us to automate that process.  Still, it's odd that videos scheduled through the Zoom LTI don't end up in studio through this app... it's still just Zoom and Zoom cloud recordings... How the meeting is scheduled being enough to keep the sync from happening seems... disjointed? Like, why is there a difference?

ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hey @JACOBSEN_C 

I actually found THIS guide on how to manage your Zoom recording upload options in canvas studio. They list that when Zoom is configured and authorized in your Studio account, you can manage your recording upload options. You can turn the automatic Zoom upload option off and on. You can also specify the location where your uploads display in Studio. Once a recording uploads to Studio, you can designate the video for automatic deletion in your Zoom cloud account.

JACOBSEN_C
Community Contributor

Yes, totally.  But, add the Zoom integration to a Canvas instance (FKA "Zoom LTI Pro) that includes Studio, and then add the Zoom Studio integration to that instance's Studio integration (and enable it for the user/teacher role user).  After, schedule a Zoom meeting with the Zoom integration in a published course shell.  Start the meeting from Zoom integration in that course shell in the teacher role to the course.  Cloud record it.  After it ends... give it time to end up in the cloud... and then let us know if you see a copy of the zoom cloud recording in the user's (teacher role to course) studio library. 

We do not.  Maybe we got a setting wrong somewhere.  But, we do not.

Hello again @JACOBSEN_C 

That is really weird that the recordings are not being passed over to studio even though you have authorized it to do so. 

It sounds like you have covered all your bases for troubleshooting this. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that it might be adding them to collection in studio or something? 

For this issue, I would totally recommend contacting canvas support to have them look at your specific examples of this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience on this. 

-Colton