cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csgoings
Community Member

the .wav

The instructor posted an audio (ending in .wav), but I cannot hear it. The sound (loudspeaker icon) is disabled, and I do not see a way to enable it. Is this a problem I can solve myself? If so, how? Might it be a problem with my iPad (6th gen) which I’m using now to access the course? I’m hoping to use my iPad about half the time and my MacBook Pro about half the time. Thanks in advance for any help!

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@csgoings , It looks like wav files should play on the iPad - What Audio Formats Does the iPad Support? Have you tried to see if the audio works on your computer (not iPad)?

Kona

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @csgoings ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we've not heard back from you since you first posted this question on January 8, 2019.  It looks like  @kona  had provided you with some feedback and a question a couple days later.  Have you had a chance to review her response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Are you still looking for some help with playing *.wav files on your iPad?  If you could please come back to this topic to provide an update, that would be helpful.  Also, if you feel that Kona has helped to answer your question, go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button next to her response.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost five months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Carolyn.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

csgoings
Community Member

Thanks for your response, Kona, which I'm just now noticing, thanks to Chris Hofer. In answer to your question, it plays just fine on my computer (a Mac laptop) but still can't get it to work on my iPad. I've been able to use Zoom just fine on my iPad (as well as PodCasts, etc), so it seems strange that the .wav won't work. I'm not sure what "audio formats" my iPad supports, so I can't answer that question, I'm afraid. Any further thoughts? Thanks    

Hi  @csgoings ‌, 

How was the wav posted in your course? Was it part of a page, in an announcement section, or something else? If you can post a screenshot of where you run into the issue, that would be great. Also, iOS (and iPads) support wav files, but it does not mean the app supports it. Let me know more info and I'll be glad to dig deeper. Thanks.  

The wav was posted in the announcement section of a course in Canvas. I'll

try to get a screen shot, if I can. Thanks

Rev Carolyn Smith Goings, PhD

Cell: 731-325-1255

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 7:42 PM Ryan Seilhamer <instructure@jiveon.com>

Hi  @csgoings ‌ - 

I just wanted to see if you had a screenshot to share or if you solved the issue. Let me know. I'm here to help!