cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Munsont
Community Member

turnitin.com not available when creating an assignment.

I know my district has a license for turnitin.com, but it is not available in the options when choosing an Online upload for assignments. I also tried using the External Tool option, but got an LTI Error message.

How can I integrate turnitin.com as a tool for an assignment in Canvas if neither of these methods work?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @Munsont ...

The Turnitin integration with Canvas is typically set up by your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  It is usually configured at the Canvas account level rather than at the course level...so that all instructors that teach courses in Canvas at your school can use it in their own courses, too.  When we initially set up the Turnitin integration at our school, we worked with staff from our campus library who had access to the school's Turnitin subscription.  They were able to give me the details I needed (as a Canvas administrator) to get Turnitin integrated into our Canvas environment.

@dhulsey has a great blog called Canvas and Turnitin - Canvas Community that you and your school's local Canvas admin might find helpful.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.