cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancy_fraser
Community Member

upload folder with audio clips

Jump to solution

How would I upload a folder with audio clips in it for my students to listen to at home?

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @nancy_fraser  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Here are the steps that I would recommend.

1. On your computer, make sure that all your audio clips are in one folder.  Then, follow the steps in this video to create a compressed zip file (with a *.zip file extension):
  2. Create a folder within your "Files" area of your course.  How do I create a folder in Files as an instructor? 
  3. Next, open up the folder that you created in step #2.  Use the steps in this Guide to upload your newly created zip file to this folder...making sure that you select the "Expand It" option when prompted: How do I upload ZIP files as an instructor? 

You should now have a folder with your audio files loaded into it.  Finally, if you are okay with letting your students access the "Files" menu in your course (some instructors keep this hidden), you'll want to make sure that it's visible to your students in the course navigation.  How do I manage Course Navigation links? 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Nancy.  Please let me know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @nancy_fraser  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Here are the steps that I would recommend.

1. On your computer, make sure that all your audio clips are in one folder.  Then, follow the steps in this video to create a compressed zip file (with a *.zip file extension):
  2. Create a folder within your "Files" area of your course.  How do I create a folder in Files as an instructor? 
  3. Next, open up the folder that you created in step #2.  Use the steps in this Guide to upload your newly created zip file to this folder...making sure that you select the "Expand It" option when prompted: How do I upload ZIP files as an instructor? 

You should now have a folder with your audio files loaded into it.  Finally, if you are okay with letting your students access the "Files" menu in your course (some instructors keep this hidden), you'll want to make sure that it's visible to your students in the course navigation.  How do I manage Course Navigation links? 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Nancy.  Please let me know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post