Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jabaskes
Community Member

uploading student papers

Jump to solution

Hi,

Several of my students were unable to upload their papers due to a "broken link." Of the 25, only 2 got this message.

In any event, i would like to upload their papers to canvas (they emailed them to me instead) so that i have them all in one place. Is there a way for me to upload to their assignments?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Here's the feature idea that will be open for voting on May 5th:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
biray
Community Champion

Jeremy - first, you probably want to make sure you create an assignment in Canvas to allow file submissions. Check this guide out: What are the different online submission types? Then point your students to this guide:  How do I upload a file to my Assignment submission?

Does that help answer your question?

Smiley Happy

jabaskes
Community Member

Thanks for the response. This is not applicable, however. I have done both of these correctly. Most students had no problem. Two did. But I am NOT at this moment trying to figure out why.

What I AM asking is can I upload these two papers directly at this point? i would like to have their papers on canvas along with the other students whose papers uploaded without problem. Can I upload their essays as if I were they?

dhulsey
Community Champion

No. There is no way to submit assignments on the behalf of students that I know of, Jeremy. If it were me, I would tell the students to clear out the cookies and cache in their browser or even try using a different browser. That can solve a lot of problems. I hope that helps!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Here's the feature idea that will be open for voting on May 5th:

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

In the interim, the workaround I use when this occurs--and it is rare, and as  @dhulsey  suggests, is almost always a browser or cache issue--is to attach the student's paper to the Comments field in the SpeedGrader. While it doesn't display the document in the SpeedGrader pane, it does preserve the submission in the same place as all the others.