Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leprechaunnor

what the heck is wrong with canvas for delgado community college...

first of all i know thats its not the quality of my wifi... face book looks like it always does, hell even this page looks professional... but when i log into canvas on dcc.edu the page looks primitive... like some one read the first chapter of an html programming book and then went into note pad armed only with the ability to place black text on a white screen, and place some shoddy links... the first thing i see when i log in are these absolutley huge icons with links under them... there is a giant dashboard icon that takes up the whole screen, then there is a giant book icon for courses, and a calendar icon, a messages icon and a giant question mark... each of these icons does not change when i change the percentage of zoom in/out... beyond that what text and links there are render the site completely impossible to navigate... i have been trying for 2 hours to just make entries to the introduction discussions assignments. and cannot make the stupid site work. i am paying to go to college and i am trying very hard to start out on the right foot and i cant even do my first assignments. consider me upset

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @leprechaunnor  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I am sorry to see that your Canvas experience has been less than stellar at the moment.  Let's see if we can try and get things fixed for you.  The first thing that came to mind as I read through your posting was a blog written by  @stuart_ryan  called What to do when Canvas looks 'big' or 'zoomed in'!.  Does your screen look similar to anything that Stuart has illustrated in his blog post?  (If you want, you could post a screen shot or two below that shows what you are seeing.)  I would encourage you to read through his blog to see if any of the tips/suggestions he's listed may work for your needs.  Second, the vast majority of users here in the Community (now over 386,000 of us) would not have access to your school's Canvas environment to help troubleshoot specifics.  Ultimately, you may need to reach out to the folks at the Canvas help desk to see if they could help troubleshoot.  The Guide How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌ outlines a variety of ways that you can get help...one of which is "Report a Problem".  And finally, most school's usually have some kind of Online Learning, Distance Learning, or eLearning department on campus...and those departments usually have at least one Canvas administrator who would be able to help troubleshoot or at least put you in contact with someone who might be able to help troubleshoot.  I'm taking a guess that these are pages from your school's website: Delgado Community College: Delgado Online and Delgado Community College: Canvas Learning Management System.

Please keep us posted, Nathan, so that we can continue to work through this with you...thanks!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@leprechaunnor ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie