cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lumajader68
Community Member

when copying a training course my profile picture is no more visible

I have copied one of my courses in canvas what I discovered is that my profile icon picture is no more visible in the copied course . any way to recover my profile picture 

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lumajader68 , welcome to the Canvas Community! I'm assuming you're talking about your picture not being visible as the creator of the discussion. Is this correct? If so, then that's actually how Canvas designed things so that courses being created by designers wouldn't have the designer's information linked to the discussion once the course got moved into the regular "class" for the teacher. As far as I'm aware the only way to get it back is to create the discussion there in the course. 

Kona

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lumajader68 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

aublumen
Community Member

It sounds like this is the same issue with Announcements. When a course is copied over and an instructor wants to reuse an announcement by simply changing the delay date, they only see a "U" in the profile image.
Profile showing a "U" rather than the profile photo in Announcements

It sounds like one has to copy and paste the content and create a brand new announcement. Is that the correct understanding?