cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzucal
Community Contributor

where can I download high quality canvas logos?

Jump to solution

Hello!

We are in the process of creating marketing materials for our full college roll-out of Canvas and are in need of some high quality graphics of the Canvas logo. Panda images are a bonus.

Does anyone know where we can get high quality suitable for print graphics? Deactivated user​ do you have these resources available?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi friends,

Sorry for the delay in this response. The official word is that our marketing department would prefer that you talk with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) before moving forward on a project that involves the Canvas brand. Your CSM can work with you and provide you with an EPS file if necessary.

Hope that helps!

Erin

View solution in original post

16 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good question! I'm not sure if or where you could get these from. Our marketing department did everything for us!

James
Community Champion

@kona ​​, Really? Marketing did it all for you? Can I have back all those superhero magnets lying around from 2014 with the Canvas Logo on them? I'm attaching the .eps you used for those. It's not official, but it looked good (at least on a magnet) and it's in vector format so it's scalable. There is no background, so you can slap it on whatever.

I agree though, Instructure should definitely be the source for these. Many companies provide those on their corporate website. The information in the branding guide (that I saw) only provided low resolution images (which are needed for branding your instance).

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Well for the official stuff, yes, marketing did all of it. Smiley Wink

But yes,  @James ​, you did put a LOT of effort into helping me get the Canvas logos on my superhero magnets!

allfive.png

mzucal
Community Contributor

Thanks for sharing this James

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Melissa,

You can find basic Canvas logos in this lesson: How do I add custom JavaScript and CSS files to my account?

[Added note: If you need a resolution higher than what is provided publicly, please contact your Customer Success Manager for details about your project.]

Thanks,

Erin

James
Community Champion

erinhallmark​,

The  @mzucal  asked about high resolution graphics suitable for printing. The best image you've got on the page you referred to is 1500 px wide. When graphics people design, they prefer to use vector graphics, not JPG images, so that they can scale it to whatever size without loss of quality.

Does Canvas have a vector logo (I believe .eps is the most common format, with Adobe Illustrator .ai coming in second) that is suitable for printing?

Hi James,

I was referencing where files can be found publicly. Without additional information for her project I am unable to know if the file type provided meets her needs.

I am quite familiar with graphic types and understand the need for vector files. If vector files are required, my best recommendation would be to contact your Customer Success Manager.

Thank you,

Erin

DaleDrees
Community Champion

Oh My Goodness - A W E S O M E

mzucal
Community Contributor

Thanks!