cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzucal
Community Contributor

where can I download high quality canvas logos?

Jump to solution

Hello!

We are in the process of creating marketing materials for our full college roll-out of Canvas and are in need of some high quality graphics of the Canvas logo. Panda images are a bonus.

Does anyone know where we can get high quality suitable for print graphics? Deactivated user​ do you have these resources available?

16 Replies
mzucal
Community Contributor

James is correct. The images are to be used for print.

James
Community Champion

@mzucal ​,

If you have Adobe Illustrator, you can take a raster file and convert it to a vector format. I just tried the 3-color image trace with the large color source JPG from the page Erin referenced How do I add custom JavaScript and CSS files to my account?  It came out pretty decent and definitely easier than trying to match it exactly by redrawing it by hand. That also makes it scalable.  CorelDraw has a similar feature.

Since I had already re-created the logo last year, I thought I would try to find the font that Canvas used and then put my version of the logo together with a font that matched theirs to have the full logo. The closest I could find was the DIN 1451​ by Linotype. Interesting, the DIN 1451 appears to be the font chosen in 1936 to be used on various kinds of signage in Germany, so it should be familiar to the Germans. As far as alternatives go, the standard DIN 1451 Mittelschrift font was pretty close. I had to add some extra kerning and it doesn't match exactly, but it's close enough that no one is going to notice the difference unless they overlay the two on top of each other. I got the job done and used the color picker to match my colors to Canvas' supplied logo. Unfortunately, once I was all done, I couldn't find the licensing for the font, so I couldn't use it (and I don't need the logo anyway, I was just researching it for you).

Of course, someone in Canvas knows what font they used in the logo and a logical expectation would be that they would want to make the logos publicly available in vector format, with appropriate restrictions on use -- of course, so that people aren't forced to create their own logos and make Canvas look crappy because they took a low resolution raster image and scaled it beyond its useful size.

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

I'm trying to contact our marketing department to see if there is some sort of official answer on this. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks!

Erin

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi friends,

Sorry for the delay in this response. The official word is that our marketing department would prefer that you talk with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) before moving forward on a project that involves the Canvas brand. Your CSM can work with you and provide you with an EPS file if necessary.

Hope that helps!

Erin

View solution in original post

I can't handle all the Jones heat in this thread. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Imagine sitting through a meeting with us. Smiley Wink

I'm a little late to the game here, but one thing that may also be helpful in regards to using the Canvas logo would be to look through the Canvas Style Guide​ (attached). This guide provides our color palette (with hex codes), logo considerations and care, and typography.