Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewrowe1

where is the drop box on canvas?

Jump to solution

I need to submit an assignment on canvass drop box where is that ?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey Andrew,

In Canvas you submit assignments in the Assignment itself.  If there is an Assignments tab on the left side of your course try looking there for the name of the assignment you need to submit.  Depending on how your instructor set things up you also might find a link to it on the Course Home Page in your To Do list, or on the Syllabus page.  Once you get to the Assignment look for a Submit button in the upper right corner of the page.

Rick

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, andrewrowe1...

It looks like  @rmurchshafer  has given you some great direction here in the Community to address your question, so I will go ahead and mark his answer as "Correct".  I wanted to point you to a few Guides here in the Community that you can refer to which go into detail about how you can submit an assignment to your instructor.  Not all of these will apply, but I'm providing them for you more as a FYI...

How do I submit an online assignment? 

How do I submit a text entry assignment? 

How do I submit a media file as an assignment submission?  

There are a few more "How do I submit...?" Guides listed here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10701#jive_content_id_Assignments, but the ones I've linked to should get you pointed in the right direction.  There is also a video tutorial that you could watch if you wanted: .

Finally, I wanted to just briefly talk about the words "drop box".  Canvas does not use this terminology.  However, if you've used a different LMS (Learning Management System) in the past, they may have used that terminology for something similar as a means to submit homework to your instructor.  There is also the "Dropbox.com" website...which can also sometimes be confused with a "drop box" place to submit work to an instructor in a LMS.  They are quite different.  The Dropbox.com website is a space where you can upload files to the cloud in your Dropbox.com account and access them from anywhere you have an internet connection.  And, to muddy the waters even a little bit more, it is entirely possible for a Canvas school to connect the Dropbox.com service to Canvas to submit homework straight from your account (instead of uploading a file from your computer, for example).

I hope this extra information is helpful to you, Andrew.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey Andrew,

In Canvas you submit assignments in the Assignment itself.  If there is an Assignments tab on the left side of your course try looking there for the name of the assignment you need to submit.  Depending on how your instructor set things up you also might find a link to it on the Course Home Page in your To Do list, or on the Syllabus page.  Once you get to the Assignment look for a Submit button in the upper right corner of the page.

Rick

Thanks I guess I did the assignment too early

I was trying to submit it from the calendar tab seeying that I did it too early .

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, andrewrowe1...

It looks like  @rmurchshafer  has given you some great direction here in the Community to address your question, so I will go ahead and mark his answer as "Correct".  I wanted to point you to a few Guides here in the Community that you can refer to which go into detail about how you can submit an assignment to your instructor.  Not all of these will apply, but I'm providing them for you more as a FYI...

How do I submit an online assignment? 

How do I submit a text entry assignment? 

How do I submit a media file as an assignment submission?  

There are a few more "How do I submit...?" Guides listed here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10701#jive_content_id_Assignments, but the ones I've linked to should get you pointed in the right direction.  There is also a video tutorial that you could watch if you wanted: .

Finally, I wanted to just briefly talk about the words "drop box".  Canvas does not use this terminology.  However, if you've used a different LMS (Learning Management System) in the past, they may have used that terminology for something similar as a means to submit homework to your instructor.  There is also the "Dropbox.com" website...which can also sometimes be confused with a "drop box" place to submit work to an instructor in a LMS.  They are quite different.  The Dropbox.com website is a space where you can upload files to the cloud in your Dropbox.com account and access them from anywhere you have an internet connection.  And, to muddy the waters even a little bit more, it is entirely possible for a Canvas school to connect the Dropbox.com service to Canvas to submit homework straight from your account (instead of uploading a file from your computer, for example).

I hope this extra information is helpful to you, Andrew.