cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

why cannot login at extensiononline canvas

Jump to solution

I have created an account at canvas instructure,but I need login at extensionoline part.Now,I cannot use the canvas instructure account to login at https://extensiononline.ucdavis.edu/login/canvas.What should I do to solve this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @1174805398  Welcome to the Canvas Community! canvas.instructure.com is the URL for people who want to create Free For Teachers accounts and teach their own courses. The login credentials you created there cannot be used for a school account. So, it sounds like you're a student enrolled at UCDavis/Extension, which has a URL and login credentials that are specific to the school. Please contact the school to get additional information about how to log in to their portal; according to the school's online learning page for extension students--Receiving Extension Online Login Information | UC Davis Extension --you should have received an email from them with instructions.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @1174805398  Welcome to the Canvas Community! canvas.instructure.com is the URL for people who want to create Free For Teachers accounts and teach their own courses. The login credentials you created there cannot be used for a school account. So, it sounds like you're a student enrolled at UCDavis/Extension, which has a URL and login credentials that are specific to the school. Please contact the school to get additional information about how to log in to their portal; according to the school's online learning page for extension students--Receiving Extension Online Login Information | UC Davis Extension --you should have received an email from them with instructions.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thank you very much.I have send email to UC Davis,but they no reply ever.The course links to Log In to Canvas  ,

230393_QQ截图20170428222408.png230356_QQ图片20170428221721.png

I tried my student account of uc davis,but failed.So I created a new account on canvas.But it seems I created a teachers' account,even I changed my job as a student.

abunag
Community Champion

Hello Xia,

To be clear - this is the global Canvas community, where people from around the world come together to discuss the best ways to use Canvas.  Most of us don't work for UCDavis, so we have no control over the Canvas instance used by UCDavis.  You're going to need to contact them in order to gain access.  In addition, UCDavis' credentials aren't going to be the same credentials as at canvas.instructure.com, as those are two different websites.

Looking at the link Stefanie found, please follow these directions: If you do not receive your login information in the timeframe indicated, you can go directly to Extension Online and reset your password by going to https://extensiononline.ucdavis.edu and clicking the "Forgot Password?" link under the login form. Input your email address associated with your enrollment and an email will be sent to you with further instructions.

@1174805398 ‌,  @abunag ‌ has given you great clarification. In addition, I recommend that you call the Student Services phone number depicted on your screenshot.

Thank you so much ,maybe I just need wait for the login information.

OK,I'll try to call them.Thank you!