why does an attachment added via the app to a discussion board (e.g. image) not appear as open

Jump to solution
j_c_turner
Community Contributor

why does an attachment added via the app to a discussion board (e.g. image) not appear open so everyone can see it rather than a downloadable file?

its frustrating that when i add an image on my phone it doesn't appear as an embedded visible file on the discussion board why is this?

ta

jim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @j_c_turner -

When you reply, how do you include your image? If you use the paperclip, yes, the file will be attached and not automatically visible for others in your discussion.

From Canvas Student on my iPad, I tap reply then the empty space for my Message. Then, I notice the RCE, including an icon for a link, camera, and image file. From there, I can pick a file from my device. It's embedded alongside any text I included!

This embedded (not attached) version of the image file I selected can be seen correctly from another mobile device and a browser on my laptop.

I hope this is helpful! Let the Community know what you experience when you can. 🙂

View solution in original post