cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samantha
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas by Instructure Release Notes (iOS 3.14)

In this Canvas by Instructure update, users can view multiple grading periods. Several app areas also include minor design updates.

Download the Canvas by Instructure app in the iTunes Store. Version 3.14 requires iOS 8.0 or later.

New Features

< BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENTS

Grades

Multiple Grading Periods

In the Assignments page or the Grades page, students can filter assignments by grading period.

Other Updates

UI Updates

Several areas in the Canvas app have been updated with minor stylistic changes. However, no functionality has been affected. Such areas include the Dashboard, To Do list, Notifications, and Profile page.

Labels (1)
10 Replies
tim_hass
Community Participant

Canvas Mobile Users

Has anyone had issues with iOS 3.14 today, I've received 3 tickets so far that indicate issues with opening grades or performing other functions in the app.  I've not been able to replicate the issue.  However, something strange that I notice in all Canvas Cases are the following lines that accompany all requests.

Thoughts?

===== Error Report com.instructure.SoLazy–0 =====

NSLocalizedDescription: There was a problem interpreting a response from the server.

YeOldeErrorFileNameKey: /Users/admin/jenkins/workspace/iOS/ios-canvas-release/Carthage/Checkouts/ios-frameworks/SoLazy/SoLazy/NSError+SoLazy.swift

NSLocalizedFailureReason: Expected a value for url

YeOldeErrorSubdomainKey: SoLazy

YeOldeErrorLineNumberKey: 124

===== End Error Report =====

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Timothy,

Our mobile team is currently working on resolving some behaviors that were discovered with this release. If you haven't, please send this information to the mobile team just to make sure they're aware.

Thanks!

Erin

tim_hass
Community Participant

I escalated these cases through service cloud.

Thanks,

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

To add to this release. I can't create new conversation message without the app crashing.

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Ryan,

By chance did you submit a case to our support team? We appreciate the feedback here, but cases are always more helpful since our support team does not monitor these comments. The best course of action is to send a ticket through the Canvas app, as it will also contain information about your specific institution and user information that our support team can use to troubleshoot and follow up directly with you.

Thank you,

Erin

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Ryan,

It looks like our support team received a few cases on this already and have escalated it to engineering.

Thanks,

Erin

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

@rseilham ​, let me know you need a ticket opened as I just had to open one because a student is reporting that the discussion tool is erroring because of a "CKCanvasErrorDomain error 404". The student just upgraded to the new version of the app.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks Erin. I support ticket was sent. 

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, all,

Our mobile team just released version 3.14.1, so if you are still experiencing strange behaviors with the app, please make sure you have updated your app to the latest version. If you continue to see anything out of the ordinary, please let our support team know.

Thank you!

Erin