cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.8)

Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.8)

In this update, the Canvas Teacher app supports viewing Modules, opening augmented reality files, and double tapping the Apple Pencil to toggle between using the pencil and the eraser.

Download the Canvas Teacher app in the iTunes store. Version 1.8 requires iOS 11.0 or later.

New Features

< BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENTS

Courses

Modules

The Teacher app supports viewing Modules. From the Modules page, instructors can collapse or expand modules, open module item, and view item the due dates and draft states.

312043_modules.png

Instructors cannot add modules, edit modules, or manage module settings from the Teacher app.

Files

Augmented Reality Support

The Teacher app supports viewing augmented reality (USDZ) files. When an instructor taps a link to a USDZ file, they can select to open that file in augmented reality by tapping the Augment Reality button. This allows users to preview objects and place them in augmented reality using Apple’s AR Quick Look tool.
  312047_ar-button.png   

AR Quick Look requires iOS 12.0 or later.

Updated Features

< BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENTS

SpeedGrader

Apple Pencil Double Tap

The Teacher app supports double tapping an Apple Pencil to toggle between using the pencil and the eraser.

Labels (1)
Comments

I think a lot of us (most of us?) would benefit from being able to add, edit and modify the settings of modules via the mobile app.  Is this planned for a future release?

Will augmented reality be supported within the Android apps?

Hi cwindsor@acm.ac.uk,

I am not aware of additional updates to modules that are planned for releases in the near future. However, the team is always open to customer feedback when looking for features to add or improve. You can share those ideas here: Ideas

Thanks for your comment!

Cody

Hi ewest@colum.edu,

Currently AR files cannot be opened in the Android app. It should display an Open with... button so users can view these files with other applications they may have installed on their device. I'm not aware of any plans to change that at this time.

Cody

Is Apple Pencil 2 support only in the SpeedGrader app, or is it all in Teacher? I can't seem to get Teacher to accept input …

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-07-2019 02:37 PM
Updated by: