Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development timeline

peytoncraighill
Instructure
Instructure
6 2 397

When we created this group, I sketched out a quick release timeline for the Canvas for Elementary project. Here's a view that's a little more detailed to hopefully give you a better idea of where we are, why some things are missing, and roughly when you might expect them. Because we're a software company and not a Snickers bar, stuff's subject to change. Come the end of June, this stuff will become more publicly accessible through the usual routes...Canvas guides, release notes, etc. But for now you're stuck with Jody and me!

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 1.32.46 PM.png

A few things to note.

1. This view is true today (April 6). We'll try to update it occasionally as things progress.
  2. The further away something is the less sure everything about that thing is.
  3. "Shipped" in this context means "not in development anymore." It has transitioned to the Canvas release train. It's on its way to prod or it's in prod. 
  4. "Polish" is stuff that needs changing based on your feedback, or stuff that has rough edges, or stuff that needs to perform better at scale.
2 Comments
rebecca_esplin
Community Participant

Thank you for this graphic, it really helps me understand the timeline better!

Is there a way we could get updates on when to expect certain pieces to be in production? I'd like to be able to show our teachers and principals something before we leave for summer. I also need to have some time to have conversations with our PowerSchool administrators to decide how we want to move forward on adding additional "subject" sections to PowerSchool so our teachers will have the full functionality of the awesomeness that the K-5 feature will have.

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @rebecca_esplin 

Our Overview Document is updated with every deploy; you can see what features were added during a specific deploy in the Change Log section. If you don't see a feature in this overview it hasn't been completed yet.

Hope that helps!

Erin