cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksauber
Community Participant

Google Slides in Canvas for Elementary

I've noticed that when a teacher embeds a Google Slide as their homepage and uses Canvas for Elementary only a small amount of the slide is able to be seen on the page. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
christopher_gil
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

is the teacher using the Announcement feature and embedding there?  

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@ksauber, we are not hearing this from others. I believe that your CSM also reached out and provided an example course to look at and we found that the course had the "Elementary Theming" enabled, but that is not the same as the full setting for Canvas for Elementary. 

Can you confirm that the Canvas for Elementary setting is enabled at the sub-account level for the course in question and for teachers that you would like to be using the new view?  

AmandaKilgore
Community Participant

Here is what I shared with our teachers last year when Bitmoji Classroom Slides were huge. I haven't tested it this year, but have had teachers ask me for the fix again. 

ksauber
Community Participant

Thank you for your response. This may be the issue. Once we turn on the UI will teachers see changes in their course automatically? Or, will they need to then go in and turn on the theming to see the Elementary UI formatting?

ksauber
Community Participant

Thank you so much!

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@ksauber, teachers and students should see the changes automatically. The Elementary theming is separate of this work (an older feature option) and should not be enabled once you update the sub-account with the Canvas for Elementary setting. 

ksauber
Community Participant

This is really helpful. Thank you so much.