Homeroom Configuration

2 Items:

1 - I demoed the current dashboard the other day and it wasn't until I pulled up my test student's view that I realized homeroom wasn't published and my announcement wasn't visible. Total rookie move, but when a course is designated as the homeroom, it no longer has a course card and doesn't appear under the Unpublished Subject list. We need some sort of flag so teachers know that course isn't published yet or we're going to run into situation where teachers put announcements up and don't realize their students aren't seeing them.

2 - I'd like to see Files enabled in homeroom. Teachers will often attach a document or embed an image in an announcement. They can still do that in the RCE, and presumably that lives in the now-hidden Files space, but there's no way to get into files to manage those items. Real use case (that's happened more than once): Teacher accidentally attaches an IEP to an announcement or inbox message. The communication goes out to all parents as an email notification which contains a link to the attached file. We delete or unpublish the attached file so that parents cannot open the link in the email. In the new design there's no way to get to files to resolve that issue. 

Labels (4)