Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Update - April 9

peytoncraighill
Instructure
Instructure
5 3 209

This week Jody and I talk about what's in active development and what's coming soon.

3 Comments
cmgardner
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

The work you all are doing is truly amazing! Love seeing this come to life. My only thought as I have starting to explore the UI more is it feels a little virtual centric. We are back face to face and are still encouraging our teachers to use Canvas. I think the piece for me that feels most virtual is the schedule tab. And I just wonder as you look at the actual course design is there a way to make that experience where it can be customized for either a virtual or in person experience. 

Our recommendation for our teachers is to use Canvas as a digital content station in a station rotation. Something that would be super helpful to support that would be the ability to assign modules to specific students or an easier way than mastery paths to map out a learning path for students that make it easy to differentiate and personalize that learning experience. 

peytoncraighill
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks @cmgardner! Not an idea that fits neatly into a ticket, but a really good perspective for us to be thinking about. I visited with some elementary teachers last year who had a similar question..."How do we make Canvas work better for stations?" I think we wouldn't have to boil the oceans to figure it out, just some creative thinking.

cmgardner
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@peytoncraighill you are so right! No need to boil the ocean. 🙂 I've never heard this phrase before, but feel like I will be using it all the time now.  Thanks!!!