Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Update - May 28

peytoncraighill
Instructure
Instructure
1 6 309

This week Jeff joins Jody and I to demo subject tab management and important items, then we discuss this week's bug bash and how thankful we are for this group's feedback.

6 Comments
KatieLarimer
Community Member

@peytoncraighill 

1. I feel like I remember a discussion from before about modules looking different in Canvas for Elementary so it is less overwhelming for students.  I did a quick search, and couldn't find that anywhere and I didn't notice anything specific in the project timeline.  Right now, students see the entire module list (unless I hid it as a teacher).  It would be wonderful if they saw the title of the module and when they clicked on it, were brought into the module.  Perhaps they could be brought in where they left off before?  Or maybe the teacher could set the page?  Honestly, I think it would even work if the modules tab defaulted to a collapsed view and then clicking on the title of the module just opened the module.
  2. This is a little off-topic, but I'm enjoying watching the updates every week and figuring out what has changed with that shelving unit behind you.  🙂

KatieLarimer_0-1622574948990.png 

This current modules view is just a little intimidating to our younger students.

TeyonnaBarber
Community Member

I like it😁😊

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

Hi, @KatieLarimer! I have also enjoyed noticing the changes to Peyton's shelving unit over the past several weeks. It's a big topic of conversation each week when we meet. That and how boring my background is. I should really step my game up when it comes to the background! 🙂

Peyton and I discuss modules a bit more in the video update that we posted today and the complexities that come with making adjustments there. We are going to do some digging into possible adjustments and will be sure to share more in an upcoming update. 

jmyers4
Instructure
Instructure

How long is an announcement considered new in the Canvas for Elementary in the homeroom course? I just noticed this morning that my announcement for my demo student wasn't displaying anymore for my homeroom. 

MattHanes
Community Champion

@jmyers4 , in the video updates, I believe they have said it is two weeks. Does that jive with your announcement's post date?

jmyers4
Instructure
Instructure

That does seem likely! Thanks for clarifying.