Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Update - May 7

peytoncraighill
Instructure
Instructure
4 3 356

This week Jody and I talk about the purpose of homerooms, and how we'll officially release Canvas for Elementary next month, and then we answer some recent questions from the focus group.

3 Comments
MattHanes
Community Champion

Thanks for another great update @peytoncraighill and @jsailor ! Given the potential of using this mode in Middle and High schools, maybe a name change is in order before this goes all the way public? Maybe call the feature option "Canvas Simplified Interface Mode". I'm sure we can come up with a better name than that. Maybe a naming contest?

Is it possible to allow the feature to be selected for the sub-account but still allow a teacher to set a course-level setting to show the simplified vs the classic interface for their individual course? That would be the best of both worlds.

wagnerpj63
Community Member

I'm sure I missed this somewhere, but how do you edit what is displaying on the "Home" tab of a subject?  I updated the banner in the view, but I don't see/know how to add content to the home/landing page.  Is that functional yet?

ELAR.png

MattHanes
Community Champion

@wagnerpj63 you create a page in the pages section of the course and set it as the front page.