NOTE: Please ensure you have set your Jive Timezone Correctly, otherwise you will see the US equivalent date and time that this is running, which has caused some confusion. The correct time is 3:30pm AEDT Friday 16th Feb.
If you are in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) and are in any type of Institution using, looking at using or starting to implement Canvas, please come along and join in the discussion. Having said that, even if you are not in the APAC region and would like to attend you are MORE than welcome, or if you would like to mark yourself as maybe attending so you can see the recording afterwards, please feel free!
This three-weekly meetup is a chance to talk with other institutions, including representatives from both a learning design/pedagogy and technical background.
Please note: The event will be recorded and the recording made available on YouTube for those that are unable to attend.
Agenda (or Objectives)
- Welcome to new members
- Quick round the group update on what everyone is doing
- Change of date/cycle for APAC meetings as per Follow Up: How often would you like the APAC meetups to run?
- How best to remind everyone of events? Are we all happy with the way I am inviting people? Would people object to me doing a mailing list to drastically save time?
- Review of the top priorities for APAC list (Awesome additions by Jen Millea and Mark Van de Velde)
- LTIs - Reviewing, preparing and implementing (Led by Dan Addington)
- Discuss Proposal for New Security Policy (Led by Mark Van de Velde)
- Discuss Zoom LTI and Enhancements (Led by Kiran Mohan - time permitting)
- Anything else? - (we will slot any new requests into the next event)
- Call for presentations/discussions for the next meeting/discussion leaders/etc
- Next meeting - 20th March APAC Region Canvas Community Meet-up (to bring into line with Beta Release Notes)
- APAC Group - Come and join us!
- APAC Areas of Expertise - Find Someone to Chat To
- APAC Areas of Priority
- APAC Region Past CanvasLIVE Event Recordings (if you missed out and want to get in on the action!)
Always RSVP to an event (whether it's yes/no/maybe). It's a great way to get updates about this session, participate in follow-up discussions, and be notified of upcoming events similar to this topic or with this host. (NOTE: You must activate your community account before RSVPing to any CanvasLIVE event.)
While this is targeted to the APAC region, it is by no means exclusive, so if you want to get some Canvas meetup awesomeness into you, even if you are not from the APAC region, you are more than welcome!