Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APAC Region Canvas Community Meet-up

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach
0 17 902

NOTE: Please ensure you have set your Jive Timezone Correctly, otherwise you will see the US equivalent date and time that this is running, which has caused some confusion. The correct time is 3:30pm AEDT Friday 16th Feb.

Description

If you are in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) and are in any type of Institution using, looking at using or starting to implement Canvas, please come along and join in the discussion. Having said that, even if you are not in the APAC region and would like to attend you are MORE than welcome, or if you would like to mark yourself as maybe attending so you can see the recording afterwards, please feel free!

This three-weekly meetup is a chance to talk with other institutions, including representatives from both a learning design/pedagogy and technical background.

Please note: The event will be recorded and the recording made available on YouTube for those that are unable to attend.

Agenda (or Objectives)

Additional Resources

EVENT TIP

Always RSVP to an event (whether it's yes/no/maybe). It's a great way to get updates about this session, participate in follow-up discussions, and be notified of upcoming events similar to this topic or with this host. (NOTE: You must activate your community account before RSVPing to any CanvasLIVE event.)

While this is targeted to the APAC region, it is by no means exclusive, so if you want to get some Canvas meetup awesomeness into you, even if you are not from the APAC region, you are more than welcome!

17 Comments
marcus_derijk
Community Participant

Hi  @stuart_ryan , I was going to point a colleague to the APAC Events List for this event, but it isn't showing on the list yet. Is there a tag missing perhaps?

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for raising that  @marcus_derijk , indeed you are correct. I have now shared the event into APAC so it appears. I will remember to do this for the next one and add it to my creation process.

Thank you for letting me know.

Cheers,
Stuart

a1223630
Community Member
Hey  @stuart_ryan , 
A lot of Universities have some kind of process for reviewing LTI’s from a security, risk, privacy, technical and legal perspective. These assessments can be arduous, particularly as there’s a lot of LTI’s to look at!  Considering we’re probably reviewing a lot of the same LTI’s, it’d be great if we could share our findings with each other to save time and effort. Could you add this as an agenda item to discuss? 
-Dan
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @a1223630 ,

That is a great idea and I will add it to the agenda now. Would you be happy to lead the discussion on this one?

Cheers,
Stuart

a1223630
Community Member

Yep, happy to.

-Dan

mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Should we also discuss this Proposal for New Security Policy ?

Seems kind of important, maybe just need to mention it...

- Mark

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mvandevelde,

Great idea, would you be happy to lead a discussion on this?

Cheers,
Stuart

mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Sure thing.

- Mark

kiran_mohan
Community Participant

Hi @Stuart Ryan,

If time permits can I want to share my thoughts on the Zoom LTI and how it integrates with Canvas and share some of the finding and enhancements which were identified that would benefit Canvas users.

Thanks!!

Kiran. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

No worries  @kiran_mohan , I will add this if time permits, and if not we can squeeze it into the next one.

Cheers,
Stuart

awilliams
Community Champion

Hey everyone. Just a reminder that this event will start in about an hour and can be access at: https://zoom.us/j/774747649

awilliams
Community Champion

Special recognition goes out to  @stuart_ryan  Thank You for leading this event. Stuart has received 50 points for setting up and facilitating this great session!

For more on how YOU can host a CanvasLIVE event, check out How do I set up a CanvasLIVE event?

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks so much awilliams‌! 

OOH also, haven't forgotten the recording everyone. I will put this together over the weekend and get it up then share the link.

Cheers,
Stuart

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Apologies  @stuart_ryan meeting ran over. Looking forward to the recording.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

All good  @Bobby2 ! Recording will be up VERRRRY shortly. Getting it all done now.

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

You are a whizz kid  @stuart_ryan 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

All righty! Recordings are up best place to get them is right here APAC Region Past CanvasLIVE Event Recordings. I have even spent an hour splitting out the relevant discussions so you can easily link people to them to share the knowledge love!

Thanks so much again everyone, it was a great session today. I will prep the changes to the next event over the weekend and then invite you all again! Look forward to seeing you all in March!

Cheers,
Stuart